Top Class Actions is looking for a digital editor to cover the business of class actions. The ideal candidate knows how to build a beat and can cover complex legal topics with ease. Our dream editor would be just as comfortable writing a script for a webinar as writing a 1,000-word take-out on Supreme Court arguments.
The trade desk at Top Class Actions covers trends and movements in the legal niche around Class Actions and Mass Tort litigation. We produce industry news, thought leadership, and how-tos for legal marketers.
The ideal candidate understands trade journalism and knows how to build a beat. They can create an editorial calendar out of thin air, work well with corporate leadership, and shift gears between multiple storytelling formats. The trade editor must be able to produce clean copy, quickly; keep up with case filings, and assist in with editing, production, and photo selection.
This position is remote.
● Ability to report, write, and edit high-quality, analytic content
● Experience working with contract writers and guest submissions
● Previous journalism experience and excellent news judgment
● Strong editing and writing skills for both copy and clarity
● Able to produce clean, informative copy quickly and on deadline
● Demonstrated skill at reading and distilling lawsuits
Successful candidates will:
● Write exceptional headlines
● Intuitively understand sourcing and journalistic standards
● Know their way around content management systems
● Geek out on data and analytics
● Have no problem handling multiple, fast-moving storylines at once
● Have experience writing for newsletters and social media as well as websites
● Working knowledge of Pacer a plus
● Work quickly and efficiently but leave room for creativity
● Experience working with WordPress would be a PLUS
● College Degree in Journalism or related field