Social Media News Editor
Top Class Actions is seeking an experienced, detail-oriented Social Media News Editor to join our Editorial team. This is a full time remote position. Candidates that reside in AZ, NV, TX, NC, MN, & OR are encouraged to apply.
Applicants must send a cover letter highlighting suitability for this role in order to be considered.
About Top Class Actions
TopClassActions.com is the #1 source of class action lawsuit and settlement news. Our focus is helping right consumer wrongs™. We cover everything related to class action lawsuits and settlements, including developing cases, class action lawsuit investigations, and political news that affects everyday consumers — whether it’s product recalls, legislative changes, data breaches, wage and hour laws, rights violations, etc. We take our job of reporting consumer news very seriously because this work is how we empower consumers and give back to our readership community.
About the Role
The ideal candidate has experience running a news desk and identifying what types of stories will resonate most with our consumer audience. Top Class Actions’ Social Media News Editor will act as a conductor and hive mind—a cohesive news brain driving forward our publishing content strategy in an optimized, intentional, and organized fashion. They will be responsible for covering a wide array of class action and consumer topics and editing the work of our contract journalists every day.
What You'll Do:
- Tweet first and ask questions later
- Monitor multiple sources, including social media platforms, for possible news stories, including breaking news related to class action and legal news
- Triage for importance and assign stories every day to a small cast of writers to support social media and SEO
- Edit assigned stories (ensuring TCA Editorial House Standards are adhered to) and deliver clean copy to the Editorial Layout Producer for publishing
- Track development of all stories to ensure they're being covered in each stage of their legal process, from complaint to file to case status to settlement
- Serve as main point-of-contact between contract journalists, reporters, production teams, and executive staff on developing stories
- Develop a thorough understanding of US legal system from the perspective of consumers, and some understanding of Class Action Lawsuits and Mass Tort Litigation a plus
What We're Looking For:
- 3+ years working for newspapers or television stations working exclusively on news content, preferably in digital content
- Bachelor's degree in Journalism, English, or related field
- Exceptional analytical, research, writing, and editing skills (clippings to showcase news sense and editing test required)
- Creativity and a passion for editing and telling journalistic stories, with strong organizational skills and excellent attention to detail
- Familiarity with SEO concepts and best practices
- Experience working with contractors
Location: This role is 100% remote.
- 401K w/ company match
- Unlimited PTO
- Paid Holidays
Top Class Actions is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are actively seeking candidates who reflect a broad representation of differences, including race, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, physical ability, neurodiversity, age, family status, economic background and status, geographical background and status, and perspective. We believe that the best newsrooms and companies reflect diversity in viewpoints, backgrounds, and identities of the world in their staffs, and are committed to inclusive hiring across departments and levels.